PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Belated Blog-o-versy

Wow...yesterday marks the one year mark since I started this blog. I can't believe it! I was thinking about it on the way home from the gym. Thinking about how I almost didn't want to start the blog, and then was convinced that no one would ever read it. I just checked, and I have 7,972 hits. Pretty good for a small town southern girl ;)

I was also thinking how that in spite of my reservations about letting people see the vulnerable side of me, I'm so glad I've started the blog and kept it. I know of how many people have reached out to me, saying that I've helped them and they felt comforted by my words. I only hope that there are other people who have found some comfort and hope in my journey. Or at least people have realized that they are not crazy, or felt some solace in knowing that they are not alone in their craziness! HA HA

As for me..I'm waiting, waiting, waiting. I have my follow up PS appointment on December 7. Then if I'm given the all clear I'm sure I won't have another appointment until my pre-op. It makes me sad that I'll have to have the expanders that long. I HATE them! I'd take them out myself if I didn't think it could create a whole new mess of problems. It's hard to sleep, my right side hurts sometimes, and it's just all around uncomfortable.

It's weird...everyone treats me as if I'm normal. (surprise, surprise). It's like that no one KNOWS that I don't have boobs anymore. I kind of almost want to shout " I HAD A MASTECTOMY BEFORE I WAS 30 SO I DIDN'T HAVE BREAST CANCER" Ok maybe not that extreme. But I just feel like I have a secret.

It feels so weird that so much has happened this year, but time has flown so fast! I can't believe I'm going grocery shopping for Thanksgiving next week, my birthday is in two weeks, and Christmas is right the corner.

All I know that in this past year, I've lost a few parts, but gained some strength and courage in its place. And this time next year...I'll have two great foobs complete with fipples (hopefully lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment