PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Life goes on....

I can't even remember the last time I blogged. Seriously...without looking I can't remember. I remember writing about my boob-a-versy but can't remember if I wrote anything after that.

That's good right? Maybe I have finally closed the door on that chapter in my life and I'm busy writing a new one. So I'm happy about that. The time has finally come when I'm not obsessed with my chest. I've been mostly concentrating on school lately and haven't had time to even WONDER about boobish things.

Here's a quick update. I saw my PS last week. She said things were looking good and we talked about what I wanted touched up. A little scar revision and some dog ear removal. (Dog ear= skin puckered and gathered at the sides of an incision. In this case, they are under my arms.) Since she feels very guilty about me missing school so much, she wants to wait until I'm out on break. So I'll schedule that in August, and we'll see about nipples next.

And then...I'm done! YAY! So now I get to concentrate on school and getting the FORCE group up and running.

I did like what Sue Friedman, the founder of FORCE said in her latest blog. She says that she'd taken so many prophalytic steps to save her life, but she wasn't really living. I'm really trying to make the most of the life I fought so hard to save. Day by day :)

To anyone who may be reading this who's about to go through the surgery or struggling with the recovery. This is not forever. Like Genevieve in Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood says ," Life is short, but wide. This too shall pass" and like Sally Fields says in Steel Magnolias:

"Life goes on"

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't of said it better myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the other end of the journey just beginning the process. I appreciate your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete