PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

FORCE Conference, losing the dog ears, and FIPPLES

Well, folks it's official. In October, my co-coordinator and I will fly out of Memphis to attend the 2012 FORCE Conference. I am SO excited! I can't wait to start putting faces to names and stories. If anyone reading this is going, let me know! Since we all know each other's innermost thoughts, it would be fun to meet up :)

Things are pretty busy for me lately. I'm at the tail end of my semester, scraping to come up with money to make the final payment on THIS semester (damn you payment plan) and finish strong. Then I'll have *gasp* two and half weeks off before Fall semester starts.

I still have to call my PS to set up my final recon and FIPPLES. WOOHOO. I am SO excited about them. If I remember to call. I swear I've been meaning to do it for weeks now. It doesn't help that I've been sick for the past week and a half with a god-awful cough. I'm definitely getting it done before conference.

One little side note: I've been getting phantom pains like crazy lately. My left foob feels like it's being stabbed repeatedly. *They are not real, they are not real* OUCH

1 comment: