PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Numb no more

A habit of mine is to idly scratch my chest while I'm thinking. I know it sounds weird, but I've always done it. I've grown accustomed to not feeling anything anywhere near my foobs so that makes it even more of a mindless move. But wait.. hold the phone. Was that FEELING? I felt myself scratching. I immediately grabbed something to scratch with and test out the feeling, thinking it may have been a fluke.

But it wasn't.

Holy toledo Batman, we have sensation!

Now granted it was nowhere near the center of my foob. But it was there! Now, most of you normal people out there are probably reading this saying "Why in the world is this crazy person so excited about feeling something?"

Because, my dear Watson, it's as simple as this- when you have a PBM you lose everything. Not just your breasts, not just your nipples, your feeling goes right along with it. I knew some would eventually come back but it wouldn't be near what it was pre-PBM. It never is. But, this is a step in the right direction. And yes I'm aware that I'll probably not get anymore sensation. I'm just excited that this little thing- these SENSATIONAL SENSATIONS make me take another step towards feeling normal again. (and yes I'm a little on the cheesy side. It's been a long day)

I cannot believe it's been almost a year since my PBM. We past the anniversary of Granny's death and now my PBM anniversary is right around the corner. And OH YES there will be a celebration of some sort (it conveniently falls on Mike's off day)

I'm still struggling with self confidence issues. That's only normal I know, but I need to get my swagger back! I'm convinced everything I fall short on or anything bad that happens is due to me having foobs instead of breasts. And yes I been EVERYTHING...if I fail a test, it's because of my foobs. And yes I'm aware that makes no sense. One of these days it'll come back to me, before I scare everyone off....

No comments:

Post a Comment