PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Monday, November 22, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I admit I LOVE the holidays. Really LOVE them! Around October, I start getting this giddy feeling because I know all of the holidays are coming up. Then in November I get really excited, because that means Thanksgiving and my birthday. And then comes the best one... CHRISTMAS! I honestly turn into a nerdy little kid. I listen to Christmas music in my car and at work. I love decorating the house. I read Christmas books and watch Christmas movies. And I love getting gifts for people (bet you thought I'd say I love receiving them...which is nice as well =) ).  I really try to take the time to make each gift meaningful. So whether or not the receipent likes it, I at least feel good about the fact that I spent a lot of time and effort planning for it! Even the fact that finals are coming up doesn't really damper my spirits.

But, I admit this holiday season is a little bittersweet. Because I've started thinking of EVERYTHING in terms of "This is the last one with my real breasts" Stupid huh? (That was a rhetorical question. If you answered yes, then my answer to you is that it's my blog and I can be stupid if I want to. Ha ha). Seriously though, I'm thinking this is my last Christmas with my real breasts, this is my last birthday with my real breasts, this is the last season of all of my favorite TV shows with my real breasts. Truth be told, my boobs will only live to be 27. Which is a little sad. But on the other hand, the other BIGGER hand, I'll live much longer as a result. My breasts have to die for me to live...... ok I think I'm going crazy for real. I honestly can't believe I just said that. But I guess the whole point of this blog is to get my feelings out. Uncensored. And for those who know me, you know I'm slightly goofy already.

Just to keep you updated- my plastic surgeon's appointment is December 10. Then I guess I get to just live my normal life until finals of the Spring semester. Hopefully I won't completely crack up before then.

Well, I'm off to get some studying in. Happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment