PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Monday, March 21, 2011

The two D's- decisions and drama

I feel like I have nothing but decisions to make lately. First it was PBM or no PBM? Then take spring trimester off and have the surgery then or take the summer trimester off and have the surgery then? Go to my parents house right after surgery or come back home with Mike? Nipples or no nipples? What size foobs to get? What pajamas to get to relax around the house in? And the list goes on and on. Seriously, I'm a person who can't decide where to eat for lunch-much less life changing decisions!  And I only get one chance to do this stuff... what if I get the wrong size foobs and am unhappy with them later? What if I get fipples and then decide I hate them? Once again, I feel like my head might explode.

I honestly cannot believe that my surgery is less than a month away. I keep counting down...I think of EVERYTHING in terms of how many I can do before surgery. Like, for instance, 90210 is not coming on again until the night of my surgery. Crazy right?

Now on the drama front...I found out my secondary insurance is claiming this surgery is for a preexisting condition so they are saying that they will not cover it. So I will have to pay alot more than I was expecting too. Luckily, my parents are willing to help me so I don't have to postpone my surgery. What can I say, I guess they kind of like me! =) Then, on Saturday I had a a little nipple discharge. So of course, I freak out. I called the BS today and the nurse told me that it would be ok and she'd make sure the doctor was aware and would put it in my chart. Then I apologized for calling her so much and she laughed...I'm a trial hah ha.

My grandmother has started to go downhill. When my mom asked the hospice nurse how long she thought my grandmother had, the nurse responded with, "I hope for her sake, it's soon." That obviously breaks my heart, but I don't want my grandmother to be in pain anymore. She knows I'm having the surgery, and is proud of me for doing and supports my decision. So that makes me happy.

My plaster cast kit from the Keep a Breast foundation came in the mail over the weekend. And I'm getting pictures done on April 10. So I'm really excited about both of those things. And I also bought some button up pajamas today. I'm going to look for pillows as well. I'm going to try to post a list of things I'm planning on getting but I'm too tired to think about it now. I have an 8 am class in the morning and I'm beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment