PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Misadventures of a Lopsided Girl

Since I'd been feeling better over the past few weeks, I decided it was time to start venturing out of the house. I ordered a fake boob..a leisure form from www.faithandhopeboutique.com and was impatiently waiting on it to come in the mail. I guess in all honestly it wasn't too noticeable that I was lopsided, but I'd feel better knowing I looked even.

My mom called me and asked if I wanted to go with her and my sisters and the kids she babysits to the Wolfchase mall. I agreed..I was so bored I had scrubbed the sink the day before (that's bad!). When it came time to get ready, my package hadn't arrived so I was stuck trying to find something to stuff my shirt with, running around like a flat chested 13 year old girl. The PS had told me to wear a camisole with a shelf in it or a wireless bra. Since all of my bras had underwire, and were too big anyway I found one of my camis and finally decided how to stuff it. I cut the shoulder pads out of a shirt and used a pad from one of my sports bras.

I had a really good time at the mall. Hanging with Baylee and Ty (they're 3 and 1) is always a treat. I was a little tired, but happy to be back out in civilization again. We rode the carousel, and hit up the Disney store. The kids started to get hungry, so my mom, my sisters, and I took the kids to the food court. When we settled down to eat, I felt something on my stomach. I looked down and realized my impromptu boob had fallen down my shirt! I looked over at my sister and said "MY BOOB FELL OUT" As she was laughing, I discreetly tried to fix it.

Needless to say, I was worn out that afternoon! The next night, Mike took me to Pei Wei and to see The Hangover 2. By then, my leisure form had arrived in the mail, so I didn't have to worry about my boob ending up in my stomach. I had so much fun going out! The food was delicious as usual and the movie was SOO funny!

Mike suggested that I get up and drive myself to church this morning. I haven't been to church since April 17, the day before my surgery. I got myself up, got dressed, and actually DROVE! I hadn't driven a car since April 17 either and was very excited! Church was great, and I missed everyone so much. I'm so happy to slowly be getting back to a normal life...even if it's only for a little while until my next surgery.

Even though my leisure form is very natural looking I'm still self conscious. I kept looking down and trying to discreetly adjust it....I suppose I'll get used to it (eventually). It's hard finding clothes to wear..my left side in all it's expanded glory is sitting high on my chest, so I have cleavage sticking out on one side. I try to cover it up as much as I can...I suppose it's all in my head.

I was looking on cafepress.com and found this shirt. I LOVE IT! I want to order this..it's funny and makes me less self conscious---

1 comment:

  1. love the shirt you should def order it, glad to hear your hanging in there. Lily Ellis

    ReplyDelete