PREVIVOR: A person who is not diagnosed with cancer, but has survived the predisposition, or higher risk, of cancer due to a genetic mutation and/or strong family history. After being armed with this information, a previvor can make informed choices prior to a cancer diagnosis.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

MDA Camp


Last year I was a counselor at MDA Camp. It was a week long camp, and it was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. The kids were amazing and the counselors and staff were great. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to be a counselor this year because they sent the kids to another camp that was 4 1/2 hours away. However, I did get to ride the bus with them to the new camp today! I was so excited to see them all. It was definetely something I needed..it made me put my own situation into perspective. Not going to be a long blog- I'm SOO tired (almost 9 hours in a bus round-trip makes for a LONG day) but I wanted to post a few pictures. Like I said, these kids are amazing and I'm glad to be a part of their summer experience. They help me as much as I help them!







****I TRIED UPLOADING A VIDEO BUT IT WOULDN'T LET ME-I'LL TRY AGAIN LATER!!AND IF IT ACTUALLY ENDS UP WORKING, I'LL ERASE THIS COMMENT :)****

No comments:

Post a Comment